So, there is a set in front of you, itching to start working, but it’s not quite clear what to do and how.
Here are some tips:
Prepare a place. It is advised to prepare for this an even and clean table at which you would be comfortable to sit. But personally it’s difficult for me to sit over the table for several hours, especially when drawing far corners, the picture is not small. You can get out of the situation with the help of an easel, but you need to buy it, and you want to draw right now. I just sat down at the table, put the bottom edge of the box on my lap from the set (a universal thing), the upper edge rested on the table. The result was an inclined plane that is perfectly sized for the picture.
Shine. This is very important. Lighting should be not just good, but very good. If the overhead light is not enough for you, take care of additional lighting.
Water. Remember from the drawing lessons: a glass of clean water. In it, you will wash your brushes every time. It is very important to do this with each change of paint, as well as after drawing. If you leave the brush in the paint, after a couple of hours it can only be thrown away: dried acrylic is not washed with anything.
Clean rag. After you wash the brush, you need to get wet it, so as not to pour excess water on the drawing. This is not fatal, but if the colors have not yet seized, they can float. Yes, and dilute the paint once again not worth it. I used wet wipes for this. By the way, if necessary, they can simply remove the paint from the brush, if it is not much.
That’s all you need to work with All paint by number, except for free time and desire, of course.
Tips for beginners
Drawing pictures on canvas by numbers is a fascinating and meditative exercise at the same time. It can give you a lot of pleasure and brighten up more than one evening. But in order to avoid problems, it is worth remembering a few simple tips:
- Paints dry quickly. Really fast. They can be diluted with ordinary water or a special liquid, but only until they have dried completely. Therefore, after work, check that all the jars are tightly closed.
- Paint can be diluted. To do this, add a little water in a jar and stir the paint until it is completely homogeneous. This can be done with a wooden stick, a match, a toothpick, or an old brush that has already worked its way. It is necessary to add water literally in a drop, otherwise you can overdo it and make the paint too liquid.
- Thick paint is not very convenient to risk. It falls badly, does not cover all the irregularities of the canvas, leaving white dots, and unevenly paints the outline. To determine the optimal consistency of paint, it is worth experimenting a little, adding water drop by drop.
- If you painted over the fragment and got out of the contour, do not worry, acrylic paints overlap well, and you can easily paint over an extra smear.
- It is best to draw in colors: first, all the fragments marked with a single, then two, and so on. Thanks to this, you will be able to dilute the paint once and paint it, less often you will need to wash the brush. But this is not a strict rule, if you wish, you can first paint some individual elements to see what they look like.
- Even if you paint with the same color, from time to time you need to wash the brush or at least remove the paint that has grown on it with a wet wipe or cloth. Otherwise it will be difficult for you to draw thin lines.
- When you finish work, it is advisable to hide all accessories, especially if you have pets at home.